Sunday, July 15, 2007

Are we striking a balance?!


I was looking into my pictures and i realised that there are so many pictures of myself taken with friends. Well, of course it's a good thing... But on the other hand, i have a question here... Are we striking a balance between family time compared to the time we spent out with friends?!

Well, i believe many teenagers or young adults are guilty of spending too much time out with friends or work that we tend to forget about our own family. Or.... is it that we have already taken granted of our own family that we choose to ignore and not be bothered... For these past few months, i realised that my home is like a hotel to me... somewhere i go to have my bath and sleep... Sometimes, i don't even eat at home... Like mentioned, i was looking through my pictures and to be honest, it was so difficult to even find any pictures of my family and i taken together... How shameful can this get...:(

Maybe it's time we should reflect and think about our family and how much they care for us unconditionally... Or some of us should reflect upon our parents who brought us up so well, yet we choose to hurt or disappoint them... Life is really unpredictable, appreciating someone dear to you is something we should do... Take a minute off your time, tell mummy and daddy that you love them, i believe they'll be really happy:)

Well, as for myself, i choose to stay home today to just spend some precious family time that we don't really get to have every week... We had a simple dinner together and the time we shared was really wonderful... Looking from the smiles of my Dad, Mum and of course Granny, i know that they're really happy that their kids are spending time with them:)

So to all my friends out there, maybe you'll like to just take one day off your busy schedule and just enjoy the family time together. Trust me, a simple thing like this will not only strengthen your family bond, but also, it's a good form of relaxation!!

Signing off, Ciaos:)

No comments: